Valentine’s Day is a lover’s holiday. It’s a romantic day full of chocolate, flowers, and romance, so why not choose to have your wedding on such a beautiful day? A lot of couples choose to say their vows on Valentine’s Day, but the trick is throw a classy wedding that doesn’t appear cheesy on such a romantic day. Here are some great ideas to insure that your Valentine’s wedding is as intimate and romantic as the day itself.
- When it comes to choosing your colors, red is the obvious choice since it coincides with Valentine’s Day. You can incorporate red into everything from the bridesmaid’s dresses to the flowers, and you can incorporate whites and pinks in as accent colors. Gold also accents red well, and is great if you are going for a more regal look.
- Roses are usually expensive around Valentine’s Day, and if your budget allows, you should definitely consider them for your first choice when it comes to wedding flowers. But, if are planning a wedding on a lesser budget there are other flowers such as carnations, Gerber daisies, and Asiatic lilies that look gorgeous in shades of red and pink and that will still give you the romantic ambiance you are looking for.
- Candles are a must as part of your wedding ceremony decorations, and you can also consider using white Christmas lights and soft, sheer fabrics to wrap around the lights. Nothing is more romantic than low lighting and a room filled with candles. That will definitely set the mood for your wedding ceremony. For reception decoration you can choose to bold red table clothes, with white lace overlays and you could weave big red, satin bows onto the backs of the chairs. You can utilize candles in your reception décor and you may consider low light with red and pink up lighting on the walls, especially if they are draped.
- As you are choosing your wedding attire, you should base your choices on not only what you like and what looks good on you, but also what makes you feel beautiful and sexy. You may think of a huge princess gown when you think the word “romantic”, but you may also think of something simpler and elegant like “Romeo and Juliet”, when you think of romance. For bridesmaids you should also keep the same romantic theme and maybe you could choose gowns that come in a shade of red or pink. When you choose tuxes, maybe you could picture a James Bond sort of tuxedo that is dashing and elegant and you could do them in all black with only a single red rose boutonniere to accentuate.
- Chocolate cake the best type of cake for a Valentine’s Day wedding. You can also incorporate other Valentine’s Day treats into your menu such as chocolate-covered strawberries and miniature boxes of chocolates. Candy hearts would also be great for decorating tables or even your wedding cake.
- When searching for a reception location, you should choose some place that omits a romantic, and intimate ambiance. If your having a large wedding, you can obtain this feeling by simply choosing romantic decorations and low lighting, but if you are having a smaller wedding you can have your reception at some place smaller like a bed and breakfast or a winery.