If you have an Irish heritage or you just think St. Patrick’s Day would be a lucky day to have your wedding, you are probably at a lose on how to plan a classy, elegant Irish celebration that is fitting to your wedding day dreams. Well, here are some great ideas to help you make your St. Patty’s Day wedding as lucky as a pot of gold.
- When you are picking colors for your wedding, green may not be on the top of your list. But, when you are planning a St. Patrick’s Day wedding, green is the best color to use for this theme. The plus side is that there are so many different shades of green to pick from a shamrock green to a dark, hunter green, so finding a shade that looks great on everyone in your bridal party shouldn’t be a problem. You may even want to mix it up and use a bunch of different shades of green that compliment each other.
- When you are choosing a design for your wedding invitations, you may want to go with a Celtic knot or cross as the focal point of the design. You could also incorporate the Celtic knot or cross into the rest of your ceremony maybe in a wax seal for your programs, or as the decoration for your wedding cake. You may be able to find some napkin holders that have a symbol of the knot or cross on them. However, you choose to use it, it is definitely one of those extra little details that will pull everything together.
- When selecting the music for your ceremony, some traditional Irish music would be a perfect touch to your special day. Not only is Irish music romantic and beautiful, but also its instrumental ballads will add just the right touch to take your St. Patrick’s Day wedding from clash to class.
- When choosing the foods for your reception, don’t feel like you have to go all out with the green food coloring. Why not take a different approach and serve traditional Irish dishes such as Irish stew, bacon and cabbage, coddle, bread pudding, and soda bread. Of course, no Irish wedding celebration would be complete without some green ale!
- A great idea for wedding favors would be to purchase some four-leaf clovers off line and give them your guests as they leave. Another interesting twist on the “green” would be to give them small potted plants with your names and wedding date on the side. This is something they can take home and plant and it symbolizes your growing love for each other.
- When you are decorating you could use greenery, white Christmas lights, and candles. This is sure to set the right mood for your ceremony and reception. Don’t be afraid to use colors like white and yellow to help contrast the green, and to incorporate those colors into your floral arrangements. Maybe you and your groom could stand in front of a huge Celtic cross wrapped in greenery and Christmas lights while you say your vows? Whatever you choose, don’t be afraid to get creative and do some research to pull lots of ideas from traditional Irish weddings.